Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The 4th and More!

Last night was the 4th...

I really enjoyed my weekend with Friends and Family! I started my weekend off on Friday afternoon shoveling the rest of the river rock from my folk's house into a pickup with Keith and Paige. Then off to our Double-header softball game... Lost the first and won the second, then off to plan for our upcoming camping trip! Hopefully I can get some sweet pics up of that! :)
Saturday morning I was up and hitting to road early with Kristin for our Saturday Garage Sale trip! :) We tend to do this every couple weeks or so! We mainly stayed in Bellingham this time, but we have gone to Lynden and Ferndale in the past as well! There are always such interesting things at garage sales... ranging from furniture to clothing, to random household appliances and pets. I think the bonus is always to have a house selling donuts that early in the morning, accompanied by the sale being a fundraiser for a good cause! (A few weeks back we went to a sale being put on by 3 families that are adopting 7 kids from Haiti! How cool is that!!!) Anyway, Kristin found a few more "project" items and I got the enjoyment of driving! Can't get much better than that! :)
Small group at the Bascom's that night with Caleb, Jaron and Kristin! Sooo good! We are going through James and unpacking all the good stuff in it! I have learned so much since we started! It will be a few weeks now, but it will be good to finish up chapter 5 in a couple weeks!

Sunday morning was a fun experience! I was on worship team, but this weekend was a little different! The team was a little smaller due to the Youth heading to Summer Camp last week in Spokane, WA. So, the team was Jaron, Steve (Jaron's dad0 and myself. We are currently working on a song set as a trio in our spare time, so it was fun to sing together! We were able to spend the morning really focusing on harmonies and doing some a capella pieces too! Ohhh it was so fun! It was great to just take things back to a more simple way of worship! Less distractions and more focused time with Our Lord! Music to my soul, Literally.
Later I got together with friends (some old, some new) for a BBQ and some roasting marshmallows! Always a fun way to start off the month of July with having s'mores! :)

Monday... the 4th... there are so many things to think about... those who fought for us, those who are fighting for us, the freedom we have, the family and friends we share out lives with... so many things to be thankful for! I had a blast with my family for an afternoon BBQ and some ladder ball. It was nice to kick back and relax. Then I was off to Birch Bay to see the fireworks! Awesome night!




All in all, good time had by all!

Happy 4th Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Wow you are sooooo busy! Lol! But it all sounds like some good stuff! :-)

    ReplyDelete