Tuesday, July 12, 2011

In TENTS!?

So when talking to people about my camping trip, the most common question was, "You're camping... like in tents?" To that I laughed! I think there is something to be said about camping in tents vs. trailers or any other way. There is a sense of 'roughing' it, and being in the climate...
Needless to say, we camped in Washington so we experienced multiple different types of weather. Rain, Sun, Clouds, Wind... you name it! Just about everything but snow... (however just a little higher on the mountain there was some.)

We had a blast! The first group (5 of us) got to the camp site about 9pm on Thursday night, so we quickly set up camp and got a fire going! Then the guys pulled out a guitar and we sang tons of songs ranging from "This land is your land" to "We all live in a yellow submarine". (It's stuck in your head now, isn't it! Muah ha ha ha!!! My evil plan worked! ha! Just kidding, I'm sorry for that...)

Here is a picture of our tents... first morning....


We played tons of Tennis, catch, horseshoes, and went for several walks with Sadie (Keith and Paige's dog). It was so fun and Lake Tyee was beautiful (something I failed at getting a picture of...)
Below are some more pictures of our time...

If you look closely... there is dinner in that fire!!! (Poor Mans Stew - potatoes, onion, bell pepper, chicken, celery, and carrots! It was Delicious!)

Here's Paige! She was a trooper! She was on top of it when it came to the meals! She is making our first meal in this picture... Spaghetti!!! Mmmm


Sadie... Love this dog! Though sometimes a trouble maker, I always have a blast with her! We had some good walks around the lake together!


We had a competition for the best s'more. I believe this one was the first of many... but here you have it! Keith's s'more in all it's glory!


Our Spaghettie dinner over the fire! Red sauce with meat, noodles, garlic bread, hot water for hot chocolate and coffee! (It was raining and cold this day.)


There you have it! A snapshot of my weekend! I had a blast! We had a total of 8 people up there over the weekend (in shifts) and I couldn't have asked for a better bunch of people to spend it with! They are truely the best!


Now, I have less than 24 hours to go before heading to Malibu Young Life Camp with over 300 high schoolers, I have a lot to do! :)
Until then...


1 comment:

  1. I hate camping, so I am impressed with you! And glad you had fun!

    You'll have to forgive me for being the photographer I am and noticing things in pictures no one else notices...but the same person's shoes/leg are in like over half your pictures hahah! Funny!

    Glad you are updating more!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete