Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Prep unlike the others....

Good Morning to you all,

This morning as I sit here thinking....

Today.
Today is the day that I don't go to work. I have been working for 34 days straight and get the day off. My company is in TurnAround mode with the refineries so we are running 2 - 12 hour shifts a day to get the work done. I have a 9am deadline each day to make, so one of my co-workers and I show up at work around 5am each day and work like crazy to get the labor hours of our other coworkers submitting into the online accounting system by that deadline.... and without a hitch it has happend all but day 2 of this long stretch. (today may be another). We were told , by our great bosses to take today off. This is an amazing gift to be offered so we took them up on it! It causes a few issuses though... That means others are making the deadline for us... and even though they will probably do a great job, it's still another hand that is doing work and we get to weed through it later on and see how it was all accomplished.

Today.
Today is the day that I get to sit with my family and friends and remember what it really means. My Cousin and Aunt just returned early this morning from Haiti. They were there for 10 days covering my cousin's spring break! We are all hoping they can be alert enough, after the long traveling, at the family celebration to share some of their experiences with us. It's always incredible to hear of how God was involved in these types of trips! It will be a different sort of celebration time with family due to schedules of everyone today, but it will be so nice to enjoy the precious time together. I take time with family and friends for granit sometimes.

Today.
Today is the day when the ladies when to the tomb and found it empty over 2000 years ago. Today is the day of GREAT joy. Today is the day we can be thankful that unlike any other person, Jesus, came and wiped clean EVERY sin from each of us. I can't express my gratitude to the Lord enough. The fact is that Christ died a horrible and suffering death for each and every person that ever was, is, and were to walk the earth... Bless you, Father!
We have a choice today. To remember the blessing it is to serve a God to GREAT and so wonderful or think about everything that seems to not be going the way we want it.
Today.

JESUS...
Birth? HUMBLE
Earth life? SHORT, BUT SO MEANINGFUL
Cross? BORE SINS AND DIED.
Grave? CONQUERED.
Jesus? ALIVE!
People? REDEEMED.

Praise the Lord! He is RISEN!!!!

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment