Thursday, November 8, 2012

Quick post

The last several days I've been working through several things.
HOWEVER,
One of them is contentment.

I've been apart of several worship services and conversations lately where "contentment" is the main topic... taking many different directions for each.

Personally it hits me in a few main categories in my life (knowing there are probably several others as well - these are what come to mind first).
1. Spiritual
2. Material
3. Relational

#1 - I feel we can always strive for a better walk with our Lord. So... It's easy to keep pushing on in my faith - to at the very least to have the desire to continue to push forward. Sometimes we all need help from others.

#2 - Generally speaking, I feel like I am very content with the "Material" side of things in my life. I have been blessed to not have a need for anything. I feel in some ways I have what our Pastor preached on a few weeks ago as "more than enough". Though I know, in this, sometimes I don't take the best care of my "more than enough" so it seems like I don't have the option to bless others with it. I know that if I continually give my needs and wants over to the Lord that He will continue to provide my needs and help me sort through my wants.

#3 - I REALLY struggle with this one. I love my relationships with my family and friends. I may be biased, but I truly believe I have been blessed with some of the best friends and family I could ever ask for. God has placed such supporting, encouraging, and "healthy" challenging people in my life to push me forward in maturity, and growth as a person in all aspects of life. I try to continually praise the Lord for the gift of them He has given me. One thing I have a hard time with though is trust that the Lord will bring me the man of my dreams along. I had a rough go the last several weeks and even months on this one. (It definitely seems to be an emotional roller coaster at times...) This past weekend I have had a full peace about this part of my relationship status come over me. I have dealt with a hard "blow" from a guy recently (most likely unknown to him) that really made me search after the Lord that much stronger. Leaning on my faith and trust in Him that much more. Realizing that God is and should truly be my One Desire. It will probably be a constant battle for a while. Something I will have to give over to Him daily, and maybe even hourly on some days... but in the end I know, without a shadow of a doubt. He is completely and utterly worth it to the full extent.

The following songs have been a huge part of my life lately. Please enjoy and take care as you see and listen to my heart through song....

Steady My Heart - Kari Jobe

Footprints in the Sand - Leona Lewis

Find You On My Knees - Kari Jobe

Here - Kari Jobe


No comments:

Post a Comment