Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolutions, Recognizing Relaxation, and Roaring forward!

Well, Never thought I would start a blog... but here I am writing away... People say that there is a ton I could write about, and I guess now we will get a chance to see if that's a fact or not! Let's start off with an easy one, shall we? :)

Do you ever feel like you don't have enough time in the day?

One of the first things I decided to do this year was to slow down a bit and to focus on things that really mattered... right now feeling like that is all too impossible. My first goal of the year was... the obvious... get healthy! Just to find time to exersize, and take time to stop and smell the roses. I have currently decided (4 days into the new year) that you can easily "stop and smell the roses" in your mind, but physically slowing down seems to be tough. I keep telling myself "the time to exersize will just kind of appear one day, and the time slot on each day of my planner will miraculously open up..." Did you know that that just doesn't happen? lol.

The second thing I set as a goal for this year was to start off organized... I am currently on day 2 of the re-organizing/re-construction of my bedroom, planner, bank accounts, and lifestyle... can you call it quits on this in one week? I don't know... but I am sure going to try! (I will get back to you later and let you know if I accomplished this...)

Number 3 goal for 2010 is to get deeper with God... In order to do this, I feel like I need to accomplish goals 1 and 2 fully! (I don't think it's actually necessary, but I feel like it is...) I feel like the best way to do this is get in a regular routine meeting with a spiritual mentor, being in a small group, and attending church... among other things...

As it stands my schedule for 2010 is quickly starting to fill... how to balance life is still beyond me... just a few things I am involved in (by default or new commitments) are as follows...

~Working full time as an accountant
~Working part time in the school district (about 6 hours per month)
~Being a full time Young life leader including meetings, clubs, and camps
~Leading a Campaigners group for my freshman gals
~Church
~Worship team
~Womens Bible Study
~College Small Group
~Meeting with a Spiritual Mentor once a week
~Teaching Guitar lessons
etc...

Oh, and did I mention, I like to hang with my family and friends every once-in-a-while too? lol. Seems nearly impossible over the next several weeks....

Well... sleep is calling my name...

Untill next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment