Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Watching God Work

Whoosh! It's been so long, and so much has happened...

My co-worker's double massectomy is scheduled for the 8th... things are getting a bit scarier. My co-worker called me a week prior and told me how scared she really was. She explained everything that was going to happen, and how as it was getting closer and closer the more freaked out she was getting. I sent her a "prayer email" and later on she specifically requested that I meet with her on the 7th to pray for her after work got out.

Wednesday Jan. 6th... I sent a phone call out for some work-related question I had. My Co-worker kindly answered it, and then wanted me to guess what she was doing... She said she was in the HR office and there was a bible on the desk... she said that she had just asked Jesus, "that if He could please let her, that if something happens, that He would let her come to heaven with Him..." I asked her what that meant exactly. She said she asked Jesus in her heart! I WAS ELATED! Talk about something to celebrate! I was so excited! I knew that the next day when the prayer was scheduled would be that much more special for her. I had asked several more people to join us then...

Something that I had never expected to affect me the way it did... I called our co-workers, our former boss, my parents and more... I told everyone I could think of! I was so excited! The next day... the 7th... An owner of the company, the CEO, my current boss, 3 co-workers, the HR, and my co-worker going for surgery all sat in a room talking about faith, and encouragement. All the things that the Lord has to offer her. She shared that she felt as thought a huge burden had been lifted. "Last night was the first night I have actually slept in over 2 weeks!"
We then had a very emotional but truly amazing God lead prayer for her... encouraging her and asking for God's protection... it was fantastic!

The next day, surgery went a little longer, but it all went well... she is now at home resting and getting better... healing slowly... but doing really well! Love it! She is an incredible lady! So happy and excited that she will be spending eternity with our Savior! YES!!!

So... after those things life is good! With the bits of time I have, I made a trip to Oak Harbor to visit a friend! It was great to catch up and stay with her family! Her daughter is so adorable! :) So fun!!!

Well, signing out!

Until next time~

1 comment:

  1. That is such a wonderful story! I am so glad she received comfort! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete